Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Magical Menagerie


Magical Menagerie is finally released! My usual custom sketch option is available on this (it'll be on the inside back cover because there's no endsheets on softcover books).

Finished the manuscript in early 2011, so it's been a while getting from there to print and bookstores. I remember how anxious I was when I did my first Dreamscapes book about how long the publication process is. Generally it takes about a year. That is time enough to feel like a kid counting down the endless days until Christmas!

These days though, with book 3 out the door, as well as the Shadowscapes tarot, I've had more practice at being patient. Just try to forget about it once it leaves my hands. That's the best as an artist anyway, isn't it? For each painting, each drawing, each sketch. The satisfaction of a finished piece shouldn't be the goal. It's the process that's paramount, always. The moment of creating, itself. And then - It Is Done. What comes next is the most important, not what came before. Always moving, always growing, always exploring, always creating.

Here's a peek inside the book!
Managed to fit in some really nice two-page spread showcase pieces as well, so in addition to the techniques and tutorials and sketches, there's a lot of finished art to look at.

12 comments:

  1. You're quite right about the double page spread. Makes it as much an art book as a how-to book. It looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I still work through your first book but I will buy the others for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have your first two books. I am SO excited that this one is finally out!! I can't wait to get it.
    I absolutley LOVE your work. I am a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fantastic work!
    I have 2 books and order this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just received this book. Just like the other two it is fabulous! It's very inspiring and your art work is absolutley fantastic. Love it very much! Thank you for sharing your way of working and final art with those beautiful pictures inside the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had preordered the book and received it a few weeks ago. I love it. the art is gorgeous as always and of coarse the demos are great!! Now I own all of your books. You are magic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSS! :D I NEED this book! Is it in bookstores yet, or can I only get it online? Stephanie, your work is beyond amazing, and I've taught myself to paint in watercolors using your first two books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Cool! I'll be putting that on my Christmas Wishlist for sure!

    ReplyDelete